Please Click on Full List of On-line Resources
The information and resources provided on the TAMI website are for informational purposes only. Users should verify the information before acting on it. TAMI makes every effort to ensure that all information is accurate and complete though we cannot guarantee its integrity. Links from this site to other sites are presented as a convenience to users. TAMI does not accept any responsibility for the content, accuracy, reliability, or currency found on external sites.
If you are experiencing mental health distress, you can contact:
York Region Distress call 310-COPE (2673)
Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868
Youth Mental Health – Simon Davidson
Simon Davidson’s job is to look out for people like Raychael. He is the Chief of Child and Youth Mental Services at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario and the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre. He’s also working on a national mental health strategy for children and youth, as the Chair of the Child and Youth Advisory Committee with the Canadian Mental Health Commission. Simon Davidson was in Ottawa.
- Teen suicides in Ontario community by Tara Jeffrey – QMI Agency
- Children in Distress – Ottawa Citizen
- Mental health crisis at CHEO: Hospital struggles to meet demand of children needing urgent care by Pauline Tam – Ottawa Citizen
- National Strategy Children’s mental health services neglected: Kirby by
Laura Eggertson – CMAJ
- Raising a child with a mental illness by Erin Anderssen and Andre Picard – Globe and Mail
If you are in immediate danger or are concerned for the immediate safety of an individual, call 911 or take them to the local emergency room.