T.A.M.I. ( Talking About Addictions and Mental Illness) Coalition of York Region
- To increase the knowledge of and decrease the stigma associated with mental illness and addiction.
- To provide a forum for interested community organizations and individuals to partner on the delivery of the T.A.M.I. program to the York Region community.
What We Do:
The T.A.M.I Coalition supports and coordinates an annual “Stomp Out Stigma Summit.
The T.A.M.I Coalition, upon request also provides in school based programs based on the T.A.M.I. model.
- Foster a more positive attitude towards mental illness;
- Play a role in the delivery of a community school based Mental Health Awareness Program;
- Provide teachers with practical, ready-to-use information on mental illness to assist with curriculum-based education;
- Offer teachers and students an opportunity to meet and interact with people who have experienced mental illness and addictions first-hand;
- Provide links to community resources and support;
- Provide opportunities for people living with mental health and addiction issues to participate in an anti-stigma awareness campaign.